Makes 1 tray of brownies
- 1 cup red beet, peeled and chopped (roughly the size of one medium sized beet)
- 1 cup white beans, aka cannellini beans (rinsed and drained if from a can)
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal + 3 tablespoons warm water mixed together & let stand for 5 minutes)
- ½ cup rolled oats, ground into a flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Steam chopped red beet until fork tender, about 6-8 minutes.
3. In a high-speed blender or powerful food processor add steamed beets, beans, maple syrup, vanilla extract, flax egg, and coconut oil. Blend until smooth and no beet or bean clumps remain – because ew. Add in the remainder of the dry ingredients: oat flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cacao powder. Blend about 30 seconds, or until mixture is smooth and incorporated.
4. Fold chocolate chips into brownie batter. Pour brownie batter into lined baking tray and dot with fresh raspberries.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of brownies comes out clean.
6. Cut, eat, & enjoy!
Credits : VeguKate