- 2 cups white, spelt, or oat flour (240g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, optional
- 1 1/2 cup mashed, overripe banana (360g)
- 1/2 cup yogurt, such as daiya vegan
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1/16 tsp uncut stevia or 2 tbsp any sweetener of choice
- 1/3 cup oil OR milk of choice
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, optional
*Non-Greek yogurts work as well; use only the thick portion, draining any watery portion of the yogurt.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan, or line with parchment. Set aside. Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour wet into dry, and stir to form a batter. Smooth into the prepared pan. If desired, press chocolate chips into the top. Bake on the center rack 30 minutes, then do not open the oven door but turn off the heat and let sit in the closed oven 10 additional minutes. Let cool completely. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Taste and texture are much better the second day (and even better the third day as it gets sweeter). Leftovers can be sliced and frozen for up to a month.
Credits : Chocolate Covered Katie